The Center for Automotive Research, through its ACP, can help the region’s communities adapt and respond to the challenges and opportunities presented by this new frontier. For nine years, the ACP has been working with communities in the Great Lakes states and the Province of Ontario so they can understand an automotive industry facing the many challenges of global competition.
Our highly experienced staff offer targeted knowledge on industry-related trends that help communities respond to opportunities with the correct allocation of resources. Productive relationships between communities and companies are more critical than ever. The ACP program facilitates this relationship building.
Membership in the ACP provides communities with critical benefits to support their economic and workforce development goals through these services:
• Databases of industry and economic development information
• Quarterly meetings at company headquarters, technical centers, and assembly plants in the region
• Automotive-related trade missions to key global automotive centers in Europe and Asia
• Unprecedented opportunity to network and collaborate with other communities, access corporate decision-makers, and jointly approach government representatives and agencies on important issues
• Community development workshops on automotive industry expectations from local communities
• Industry experts to present at local and regional gatherings
• Assistance with auto-related task forces
• Consultation regarding plant closing announcements
• Access to CAR’s network of agencies, organizations, universities, companies, communities and experts
• Incentives to attend regional conferences and CAR’s annual Management Briefing Seminars
• Steady stream of new data and current information via a members-only website, email updates, and newsflashes posted on Facebook, LinkedIn, and soon-to-come, Twitter